Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

post 9

The birds are back. We noticed them when we were walking to school this morning. Just two of them but that's already too many. Kyra seems to be handling it better now though. She's still too scared to walk to school alone. But instead of flipping out she just flipped the bird(s) at them.

Once we were in school we didn't leave the building for the rest of the day. Which normally isn't allowed during breaks. Because students running through the hallway "would disrupt the students that are still in class". Mainly just because they don't trust us and think we would steal and vandalize stuff. Which is probably what half the students would do, so I guess they have a point there.

But its still an inconvenience when trying to avoid the Convocation. So we hide ourselves in places they wouldn't find us and tell us to get our asses outside. Which would make most teachers, IF they found us, assume we were doing.. stuff.
We aren't stupid, we keep that kinda stuff at home. 
When I told Kyra about the so called "nests" she got a bit worried. I can understand why, they don't sound easy to fight off. Best thing we can do if we see one is to run.


Me: Don't worry babe, I'll protect you. I have a black belt you know!
Kyra: A black belt in what?
Me: Leather I believe but I'm not sure.

It was a lame joke but it got her to giggle a bit. I love it when she laughs but because of these fucking birds it doesn't happen often. Which is a shame.
Suddenly the door to the main staircase swings open. A teacher had found us. Kyra panicked but I didn't because I knew that teacher. It was Ms. Wouters, My biology teacher from last year. I had always gotten along with her due to our shared interest in ancient reptiles. (I also had a huge crush on her like a lot of her male students did. Because holy hell she's hot. Don't tell Kyra that though. Although she will probably read this anyway.. well crap.)
So I thought I could convince her to let me and Kyra stay inside. But instead..

Ms.W: Kevin my dear, you are hiding from the birds aren't you?
Me: Miss Wouters, me and ..wait what? You know about the birds?
Ms.W: Of course I do, they told me that they had an eye on one of my students. I'm glad to know that its you that they're after. I always thought it would be nice if you joined us.
Me: Join you?
Kyra: She's one of those nests Kevin! We need to run!
Ms.W: Smart girlfriend you have there. But don't think I'll let you escape so easily. It would be a lot easier if you would just accept their offer.
Me: Sorry but you can tell the Convocation to flock off!

Kyra then started running towards the other staircase behind us. Ms.Wouters ripped open her shirt and pulled out a razor blade. If I hadn't known she was going to release the birds I would have kept staring because WOW. But instead I ran after Kyra to get the hell out of there. I could hear Ms.Wouters moan as she cut herself open. (I'm not sure if that was creepy, arousing or both..)

Ms.W: Well thats... new.

Suddenly we heard these loud and creepy screams behind us. When I looked back I saw a bunch of bird-sized PTEROSAURS  flying out of her open stomach. They were as black as the birds we had seen before but they were not birds. They were small pterosaurs covered in fur-like black hairs.

I always imagined seeing all sorts of ancient extinct reptiles in real life. And I always assumed it would be exciting. But this was a whole new level of awesome. If Kyra hadn't pulled me out of there I would probably be dead now.
Its so conflicting, one part of me is scared to death but the other couldn't be more excited. I mean I'm one of the first in 66 Million years to see a pterosaur alive. And there were a whole group of them!
If pterosaurs are still alive could that mean that dinosaurs are too?

-Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Holy shit, dinosaurs!
    God, never seen a nest (or the convocation) for that matter do that.

    Ehm...be careful?! I'm bad at advice <-<

    ReplyDelete
  2. So its not normal for them to do that? That would explain the confused look on Ms.Wouters face.

    Just a note.. Pterosaurs aren't Dinosaurs. People should stop making that mistake. But thanks, we will be very careful.

    ReplyDelete